After staring at my tool box one day, I realised something. I could put a car stereo in that! so I did! I spent $5 on all the parts but forked out for some shiny new tools for the rest of the job with some holesaws purchased to make life a little easier. All in all i reckon i spent around 3 hours go to woahhhh on it and im pleased with the result.
The slim power supply was scored off hard rubbish by my partner in crime, young Katie, who saw it and knew i’d like it! wiring wise it’s very very simple and the stereo runs all the way to the top end of it’s volume with no hassles…
I need to grab some sound deadener as it’s a little tinny the way it is and I think i’ll source a usb capable stereo so i have the ease of plugging a stick in with tunes on it.
Otherwise a really simple little time filler that costs next to nothing to make and stands out! Originally I paid $20 for the whole tool chest on eBay. so for less than 30 bucks i’ve got myself a stereo and a tool box! not bad!