It was one of those dilemmas… I was at the Wreckers and was pulled toward a totalled Ute with no understanding why… It was not something I’d usually pay any attention to… Until I saw a poor little radio with a smashed screen… I considered it… But initially walked away.
After about 10 steps I thought “no no, take it and see how much they want”. This was something I’d thank I did as it cost me a stupid $5.
After getting home I put the deck on a battery and to my surprise it fired up… It was very very knocked around but it went. I then tested it’s features and quickly worked out the only issue was the touchscreen. It was stuffed! After a decent session on eBay and gumtree I realised the screen might be tough to obtain here… I wasn’t wrong.. You could get them but they were hundreds of dollars… Not happening! So in the end Ali express came to the rescue for 16 slammers posted from China – yep, I was stoked!
After removing the buggered touch screen I measured it up and made certain I’d bought the right one and had it sent.
Once it arrived I propped it, and installed it back into the unit. Now, I must point out, the ribbons used to connect the screen to the board on the unit is a pain.. You need to be steady and patient.
As you can see though its come up trumps, it worked great and it fits well in the car. For $21 I have a flash unit with Bluetooth and the satisfaction that I saved it and repaired it myself!
See you soon!