Unfortunately, not many pictures of the install were taken on this occasion but we will go with what’s been captured!
Initially, I was going to mount the bar in the top on my roof basket, using the optional horizontal brackets. This was just too high for my liking and I also didn’t want it just hanging up there.
I grabbed some flat steel from work and initially was going to run the bar down on the basket itself and essentially clamp it up – This turned out to be too flimsy and I also scrapped this.
In the end, I drilled two 8mm holes in the top framework of the basket. I cut down the two pieces of steel and drilled a fresh hole for the bar mounts to sit on.
From here I used some 40mm long Bolts with Nylon nuts to keep everything locked up.
It’s supper solid and looks the business! I’ll take more shots and show the wiring side of the bar very soon!
I reckon I’ll paint the brackets and the mounts black to match everything else too… For now I just want to get it all working!